Thursday, January 17, 2008

Diabetes

Today I heard that I have diabetes. I was expecting this but not so soon. My bloodsugar was 18 so I must be looking very good after myself. Maybe this is allso a trigger for my depression. I know when your bloodsugar level is going up and down your mental status is allso running up and down.
I have started with some medication already today.
I feel a little bit sad and disappointed with this news, I think a lot of nice things are over now. I really like good food and a good glas of wine, but I must take care and look for a good diet to keep my disease under control.

6 comments:

EmergingArtist said...

Hi Peerke,
I'm sorry you have Diabetes. Does it run in your family? How is everything going for you these days? Still missing you on the mytherapy site...

Have a good day,
EA

Peerke said...

Hello EA,
Thanks for your comment. It runs in my family, my father and mother have also diabetes.
It is a shock to me and I am working on it. I feel a little down,...

EmergingArtist said...

Hi Peerke,
I saw your post on mytherapy, good to see you back in the community discussions. How are you feeling today? Is your family helping you to cope with your diabetes?

Hope to hear from you soon, have a good day,
-EA

Peerke said...

Hello EA,
My family really helps me. They know what it is, because my father in law died in august because he had complication related to diabetes.
I feel angry because I think why now? and why me?
I don't feel sick or tired. That is why diabetes is so dangerous. You have it, but you don't know it.

EmergingArtist said...

Hi Peerke,
I see you've changed the background of your blog from black to white, or is that just on my computer?

How are you?

-EA

Peerke said...

Hello Ea,
My blog is back to normal.
Thanks for the warning.

Blog Archive